Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Quiet

Behind us lies the hectic fury and nonstop pace of prepping the house for the market. We cleaned, sorted, organized, decluttered, updated, purged…on and on for a couple weeks. As a result the house looks great. Clean--welcoming. Even despite my ever present pessimism I have to say I’m starting to see the optimistic angle on this one. The first week of traffic exceeded my expectations and I can’t help but start to agree with Kate; maybe we’ll be out of here sooner than I thought. And with all that anticipation yet to sort itself out with our reluctant friend the future, our home is now quiet. Even without a sold sign in the front yard there’s something deeply rewarding about the turn around in appearance, the successes of our productivity, the fruits of our labor. With a bit of free time now I can sit back and appreciate the transformation and peace of mind; the welcome return of quieter nights.

2 comments:

  1. Any word on how far you're going? I know we aren't particularly friendly, but I'd be sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not entirely decided on that just yet. I think we're hoping to unfetter ourselves a bit home-wise and then look at what to do next. In all likelihood that means we'll be around for a while yet I think.

    ReplyDelete